“I WANT TO START OUT BY SAYING THAT MY MOM MAKES THE BEST SWEETS. Nobody does it like my mama.
Her cookies, tea cakes, even her pop-overs are out of this world. But nothing compares to “The Cake.” Everyone who is a friend of mine knows “The Cake.” It has been a constant in my life as I’ve grown up. Every birthday, it was “The Cake.” Special occasion? “The Cake.” Shitty day? “The Cake” would be waiting. We even overnighted it one time to my friend in New York City (from Portland, OR!). One bite and you’re hooked. Coconut, oats, butter - what’s not to love? Give it a try and you’ll never look at other cakes the same again. Seriously, it’s the last cake you’ll ever need!”
- Ashely K.U.
Lavender and Lemon Cannabis Infused Butter
3-4 grams cannabis grams cannabis (depending on desired potency)
3 tablespoons dried lavender
Rind of one lemon, thinly sliced
16 ounces melted salted butter
Lemon and Lavender cannabis infused “The Cake” batter
1 cup Quick Oatmeal
4 ounces Lemon and Lavender Cannabis Infused Butter (room temperature)
1 ½ cup Boiling Water
1 cup Brown sugar
1 cup White sugar
1 ½ cup Flour
1 teaspoon. Baking Soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
12 grams (1 stick) Lemon and Lavender Cannabis Infused Butter (room temperature)
3 cups White sugar
6 cups Shredded Coconut
6 Beaten Eggs
For the Lavender and Lemon Cannabis Infused Butter
Fill LEVO pod with cannabis and dried lavender. Add 8 oz butter to the reservoir, taking care to make sure pod is submerged. Set time at 2 hours and 175F to infuse.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease and flour a 9x13 cake pan.
3. Combine oatmeal, infused butter, and boiling water. Let sit 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add brown sugar, white sugar, flour, baking soda, eggs, and vanilla. Mix until incorporated.
5. Pour batter into greased cake pan, bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. While cake is baking, make the frosting. Mix together infused butter, white sugar, shredded coconut, and beaten eggs in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constant for a minute or two. Spread over hot cake.
7. Let cool until you can’t stand it anymore and enjoy!
Image via Annie Spratt